Teachers have written many articles on how to be successful after graduation, but very few of them cite about the factors that make graduates unsuccessful! In order to be successful, there are certain factors that you definitely have to avoid to ensure success. Some of these elements are:
1) False beliefs: Any incorrect idea that you have about something is a false belief. The best element for success is to let go of false beliefs by getting over them and moving ahead. A small false belief such as being unlucky or not able to find a job should not stop you from looking for a job. To get over false beliefs, one has to get out of their comfort zone and accept challenges so that they can overcome their false beliefs and move on towards newer horizons.
2) External control: A particular way of thinking which is strongly associated with being unsuccessful is blaming everything to external factors. For instance, when one doesn’t perform well in an exam, they blame their teacher or the environment around them. Whereas, successful people revert to their internal locus of control where they believe that they are in control of everything. They strengthen themselves internally so that they can face whatever challenges life throws at them.
3) Persistence and perseverance: Successful people tend to be persistent in life. They tend to continue their hard work until they achieve what they want. Losing hope quickly are the signs of the unsuccessful people who don’t stand up after they fail. So be strong and persistent if you wish to succeed.
4) Rigidity: Unsuccessful people are quite rigid. They tend to stick to their obsolete ways and do not like adapting to changing situations. In this dynamic world, one needs to be highly flexible in order to be successful. You need to adapt to situations accordingly, take hardships and try different methods if one fails.
5) Improper planning: Being planned for your future would guarantee you success. If you have your own plans, you will maintain your focus and head in the correct dimension. Those who are unsuccessful do not plan or even if they do, their plans are incomplete. Therefore, you need to be planned else you’ll be swept by those around you.
6) Lack of self confidence: Ever wondered why the unsuccessful ones are always left behind? It’s all because of the fact that they lack the confidence of presenting their ideas in front of the bosses. You should speak up, be creative and give ideas so that the people around you realize that you are confident.
7) Reminiscing about lack of resources: A lot of unsuccessful ones stay behind just because they think that they don’t have the money or the resources to do things. Why stay behind? If you are affirmative that you have to be successful, you’ll have to do things without resources.
8) Fears: These are not the fears of the dark or the height, but rather these are the fears which hinder your abilities to leap ahead towards success. Although opposite, the fear of success or failure can both hinder your way towards being successful so overcome your fears and start moving ahead!